Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A+

I tried, but I couldn't resist showing you one of the new sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps the night before the release. Here's a card I made using the new School Days set for today's sketch challenge on SCS.

I stamped the four step apple image first, then masked the apple to stamp the three step book image. I stamped the image on a piece of patterned paper that looks like old-school notebook paper, then punched the left edge with the spiral punch. To me, the images in this school set just call out for that punch!

I paired the stamped apple image with apple patterned paper from SU!'s Summer Picnic pack for the next panel. The final panel (or, I guess, the first if you're being exact about the order I put them on the card--I worked backwards when I was creating this card) is a dotted piece of Kiwi Kiss paper to coordinate with the tiny bit of green in the apple's leaf.

Stop back tomorrow morning to see some more cards using this set--and for more details on Kitchen Sink's birthday events.

Materials Used:
School Days stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Ruby Red, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic and Bella Rose designer papers, 1", 1 1/4", and 1 3/8" circle punches, spiral punch, Real Red wide grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Dune pigment ink (Colorbox); Sweet Blush and Pure Poppy Palette inks (Papertrey Ink); clear acrylic dome embellishments (Michaels); notebook patterned paper (Me & My Big Ideas Alison paper pad)

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Lori!! I love the apple with the notebook paper and the punch - perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love school images!!! Guess I know what I'm buying next...lol! Your card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job with the SCS sketch!! I love your card and how you added the ribbon and acrylic dome, GORGEOUS!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori - I think the teacher in you came out!!!! :D Fabulous card!!! Great masking job and love your colors! :D A+++ for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Lori! That three step stamping is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips