Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Earthy Enjoy

I really like the sketch that Mary Jo shared this week. She mentioned that it was a perfect fit for this year’s SU! Ronald McDonald House set, Say it with Scallops. I went back to the Ronald McDonald House set from two years ago (I think . . .), Wishing You the Best, for my version of the sketch. The images in this set are circular, so I changed the scalloped square in Mary Jo’s sketch to a scalloped circle to make my design work.

I embossed a Kiwi Kiss panel with the Cuttlebug Birds & Swirls folder. I have such a hard time remembering the names of all of the different Cuttlebug folders I’ve collected, so I’ve used my Dymo label maker to create a label to stick on each one to remind me. I rubbed over the embossed images with a shimmery white pigment ink pad to emphasize them just a bit more.

I thought that the embossed image kind of called for an earthy color scheme. So, the “enjoy” image from Wishing You the Best is stamped in Kiwi Kiss ink, then punched out with a circle punch. I thought the simple leafy branch on this image coordinated nicely with the embossed image. I layered this on a slightly larger Chocolate Chip circle, then on a Pumpkin Pie scalloped circle.

I made a knot near one end of a piece of wide brown grosgrain ribbon. I layered this over the panel for the cardfront, then attached the image panel over the ribbon. I really like the way the ribbon looks--it's a nice finishing touch.

Materials Used:
Wishing You the Best stamp set, Kiwi Kiss Classic ink, Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, 1 3/8” circle punch, scallop circle punch, corner rounder, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin’ Up!); Birds & Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); 1 ½” circle punch (EK Success); copper brads (Making Memories); Moonlight White pigment ink (Brilliance); brown grosgrain ribbon (Morex)

6 comments:

  1. GREAT take on MJ's sketch! Love it with the round scallop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that stamp matches that background so perfectly! Great find. Love the whole card. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love this color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. delectable!! great colors...very retro-earthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just darling! Love the colors...so bright and fun! Love the shimmery white effect..that is so pretty!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips