Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} Recipe Challenge #14

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. The list of items to include this week was buttons, lace, and flowers. Buttons and flowers I can do. Lace? Not my usual embellishment. In fact, I didn't even have any lace to use. Fortunately, the Joann near my house had a roll in the dollar bins, so I was able to pick some up for the challenge. Now, how to use it . . .

Lace made me think of a party dress, so I turned to the Cocktail Party kit from Unity Stamp Co. I paper pieced the dress image using some paper with a flower pattern and a matching solid cardstock. I embellished the dress neckline with some silvery Perfect Pearls.

Then, the solution to the lace problem presented itself. I cut a tiny piece of lace and attached it to the dress--kind of like a fancy apron. Very cute!

The rest of the card came together quickly after that. I layered the panel with the dress on to coordinating mats, then added a pair of buttons to the upper right corner of the panel. I used my white gel pen to create a "faux" stitch between the two button holes. I stamped the sentiment in red ink for a fun pop of color.
You can stop by Tamara's blog to see how the other recipe challenge team members incorporated these items into their cards and layouts. I definitely need some more ideas for using lace . . .

Materials Used:
Cocktail Party stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Basic Black and Real Red Classic inks, Real Red, Kraft, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, Real Red Patterns designer paper, scallop edge punch, white gel pen, glue dots (Stampin' Up!); buttons (Walmart); lace (Joann); Silver Perfect Pearls; red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is super cute Lori...love the lace apron...very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE your card! I saw it on Tamara's site this morning, and it just made me smile! I love your idea for using it on the dress! This is just fantastic, and I love the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Lori! I love how you used the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two cute cards. I love the dress and all it needs is a floating martini glass.......and you are all set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! this is enchanting! Love the pearls and lace...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! You did the challenge very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card Lori! I like how you used the lace for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips