Saturday, September 27, 2008

Live Laugh Love

I made this fall-feeling card for Mary Jo’s sketch challenge this week. This was a great sketch to work with--lots of possibilities here!

I used two of the images from the Butterflies stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps for the long, narrow image panel. They’re stamped in a three step color combination using Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, and Pumpkin Pie inks.

I matched the butterfly colors to a piece of patterned paper from SU!’s Haiku designer paper pack. I am really liking the colors and patterns in this paper pack. I matted the image panel on Pumpkin Pie to set it off a little from the paper's pattern.

The trio of sentiments is from the Vintage Words stamp set, also from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I stamped the words in Pumpkin Pie ink on scraps of So Saffron cardstock, then ran them through my Cuttlebug machine with a Nestabilities petite oval die. I left room on the right side of the words to add a copper brad as embellishment.

Materials Used:
Butterflies and Vintage Words stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise Palette inks (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, and Whisper White cardstock, Haiku designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); petite oval dies (Nestabilities); copper brads (Making Memories)

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love those papers, I will be ordering those for sure. I also love the butterflies done on the background there. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!! The colors are beautiful, and the sentiment is perfect for this layout!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card!! The colors are beautiful, and the sentiment is perfect for this layout!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! this is pulchritudinous!! the colors are striking! gorgeous! gorgeous! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Lori! that paper is so pretty and the butterflies match perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this layout too! Fantastic butterfly images...so pretty1

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! Love the repeated ovals for the sentiment. It looks so classy! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! Beautiful job with a sketch that turned out to be not that easy to utilize!! (Who knew?!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Lori!!! Love your colors and the sentiment in the ovals! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips