Saturday, September 27, 2008

Baja Breeze Butterfly

I’m off to another shoebox swap today. There will be 25 stampers at the swap today, so I went with a card that’s pretty quick and easy to do.

I used a stamp set that’s new to the current SU! catalog, Flight of the Butterfly for the main image. The solid butterfly image is stamped in Pink Pirouette ink and the dots and body are stamped with darker Regal Rose ink. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the proper placement for the image. Since there are a few images that you can layer over the solid butterfly image, I used a sturdy piece of acetate to create a Stamp-a-ma-jig imaging sheet specifically for this set. I’ll keep it in the box with the stamps so it’s ready to go whenever I pull out the set.

I did my usual butterfly trick here, too. I stamped the solid butterfly and dots images again on a scrap of vellum then trimmed around it. I layered this over the butterfly image for some dimension and interest.

I used the horizontal slot punch to create a slot in the right side of the image panel. A piece of Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon is threaded through the slot and tied in a knot. I added a scalloped edge piece to the opposite side of the panel to balance it out. Put a coordinating designer paper panel at the bottom, and the card’s done!

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Baja Breeze Classic inks, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, white vellum, Pink Pirouette Patterns designer paper, scallop edge punch, horizontal slot punch, Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time at your swap! Your card is great, love the details, especially the velum layer you added to the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so adorable Lori!! Wish I was swapping with you ;)
    Hope you have a great time today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Sounds like you are going to have a blast today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time at the swap, Lori! This was a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this color combination, Lori! I had a great time making this card and chatting with you during our pizza break today! Hope you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips