Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} Recipe Challenge #16

Here’s my card for this week’s recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week’s elements to include were some form of stitching (real or faux), tearing, and ribbon.

I used the Gratitude=Joy kit from Unity Stamp Co. for my card. The leaf image is stamped in Mellow Moss ink on Confetti White cardstock. The speckled look of this paper seemed to be a good match for the earthy images in the set. I stamped the leaf an additional two times after the image had been stamped off for a muted look. I tore the bottom of this panel and the bottom edge of the Elegant Eggplant mat, too. I inked around the edges of the panel with my Mellow Moss ink pad for a little more color.

On the card base, I stamped the same leaf image repeatedly along the left side of the card, stamping off first for a more subtle color. This is a color combination that I used frequently when I first started stamping and I’m finding myself turning to it once again.

I decided to go with faux stitching on this card. I paper pierced a line of holes along the edge of the Mellow Moss panel, then connected them with a white gel pen.

The sentiment is stamped on an oval punch. I omitted the “=joy” when I inked the sentiment stamp. It's layered over the ribbon that I tied around the cardfront.

You can see how the other recipe challenge design team members combined these elements on their cards and scrapbook layouts by visiting Tamara's blog.

Materials Used:
Gratitude=Joy stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, and Elegant Eggplant Classic inks, Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, and Confetti White cardstock, large oval punch, Mellow Moss grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Lori! I love greens and purples together and your faux stitching is perfect. I also love the torn edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, these colours are awesome together!! Love that Unity set too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card!!! That sketch is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! I LOVE the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors although i would never have thought to put them together!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips