Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Breezy Kind of Day

I love the color combination featured in today's SCS color challenge: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Very Vanilla. I used some of my new Kiwi Kiss Patterns designer paper to create a fun card with these colors. I really like the patterns in this paper series. They're great to mix and match.

Here, I used paper piecing to fill in one of the large tree images from Unity Stamp Co.'s Giggle Grove. I stamped one of the set's bird images on a scrap of Baja Breeze cardstock and attached that over the tree with a dimensional. I fringed a scrap of Kiwi Kiss cardstock to create the grassy strip at the bottom of the image panel.

I stamped one of the sentiments from Mix Up of Cuteness and punched it out with a circle punch. The sentiment is embellished with a piece of sparkly flower confetti.

I used another piece of Kiwi Kiss Patterns paper along the left side of the card. I added a piece of Baja Breeze striped grosgrain across the card, too. This ribbon is so nice to work with. It seems to have a little "stretch" to it and is really easy to knot. I have a feeling I'll be getting some more of this ribbon in different colors . . .


Materials Used:
Giggle Grove and Mix Up of Cuteness stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Kiwi Kiss Patterns designer paper, Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); blue flower confetti, acrylic dome embellishment (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the color combo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful design with such beautiful colors and that dew drop is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips