Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spooky Spider

I got some great new stamps (and other stuff) at the stamp show today. I picked up a bunch of new DoodleFactory images, so you'll be seeing a lot of them in the days ahead. I had to ink up some of them right away. I started with a card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. My card is based on this card in Terry's gallery.

I kept the layout the same, but changed the colors and images used for the card. I used the spider and web image from one of the DoodleFactory Halloween sets from Starving Artistamps. The spider and web are stamped on shimmery white cardstock for a subtle sparkle. The web is covered with a clear Glaze pen for some dimension (which, unfortunately, doesn't show in the photo . . .). The spider is colored with a dark gray Copic marker. I added wiggly eyes as a fun detail.

I used one of the Cuttlebug Halloween embossing folders for the panel on the cardfront. There's some shimmery white ink rubbed across the raised parts of the embossed images to highlight them. This is layered on a layer of green cardstock to make it pop. This is such a great layout for making quick cards. I have a feeling it's one I'll be using again.

Materials Used:
spider and web image (DoodleFactory from Starving Artistamps); Plum Pudding cardstock, Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Elegant Eggplant, Green Galore, Basic Black, and Shimmery White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and petite scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Moonlight White pigment ink (Brilliance); black satin ribbon (Target); embossing folder (Cuttlebug); black rhinestones (Michaels); clear Glaze pen (Sakura); wiggly eyes

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome layout for sure! Cute spider image too...hehe! You made purple look good to me again ;) Was a little tired with it after last months DD stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I'm loving the purple in a BIG way & there is no doubt about it that this is a great layout. Adorable spider! Thanks for the great inspiration, :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Halloween card! I love the colors, the ribbon, and the way you embossed and added the white craft ink over the embossing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips