Monday, September 29, 2008

L'Shana Tovah

Tonight marks the start of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year. I'm thrilled that one of Papertrey Ink's newly released stamp sets has a great variety of images and sentiments designed just for Jewish holidays and occasions. It's so hard to find images like these! This year I was able to create New Year's cards to send to family and friends.

Here's the card I created using images from the Mazel Tov set. Since I was making more than one of this card, I went with a design that was fairly simple to reproduce. I stamped the shofar image in navy ink on a white cardstock circle. This is layered on a piece of PTI's new shimmery dark blue cardstock. It's so pretty!

I used a sewing machine to stitch a navy blue zig zag line down one side of the coordinating light blue panel to add a little interest. The sentiment is stamped in matching navy blue ink. Since it's traditional to serve a round loaf of challah (bread) to indicate wishes for a well rounded new year, I also included several round elements in addition to the round image panel. I rounded the card's edges and the edges of the light blue panel on the card. I also added a trio of pearly Dew Drops to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Mazel Tov stamp set, white and Night Sky Shimmer cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Night of Navy Classic ink, Brocade Blue and Bashful Blue cardstock, silver cord, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); silver ribbon (Michaels); circle dies (Nestabilities); pearl Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

3 comments:

  1. SO pretty. Love the blues & the stitching. That's fantastic that you found such great stamps! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was very excited to find the Mazel Tov set. Happy and Healthy New Year! I loved your card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips