Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bella's Buddies

I pulled out my Stamping Bella stuff today to create two cards for blogger sketch challenges. I didn't use any Bella images. Instead I used some images featuring her "friends," Stella and Beatrice.

Here's Stella and her broomstick using Julee's Mojo Monday sketch. Stella's colored with Copic markers and embellished with some different colors of Stickles. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the sentiment, "Does this broom make me look fat?" in the space below the image. It *just* fit. Isn't this sentiment perfect for Stella's pose and attitude? It's part of a fantastic witch set from Starving Artistamps.

I wanted kind of a Halloween look and feel here to go with the image, so I used a piece of patterned paper from a Halloween paper stack for the large circle panel on the cardfront. Since the paper had circles on it, I embossed a coordinating solid cardstock panel using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I wrapped a matching piece of satin ribbon around the cardfront, then assembled the pieces.

Materials Used:
Stella and her broomstick image (Stamping Bella); sentiment (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Elegant Eggplant ink, Elegant Eggplant and Almost Amethyst cardstock, Crystal Effects (Stampin' Up!); Lime Green, Yellow and Ruby Slippers Stickles (Ranger); purple satin ribbon, purple dome embellishments (Michaels); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Stamp-a-ma-jig

Now, here's Beatrice Bellbottoms, one of Bella's newer companions. Totally love her! I used Jen's Sketch for You to Try for this one. I knew that I had this peace sign patterned paper in a paper pack, so I based the colors for my card around this. The colors just happened to coordinate nicely with the two new Papertrey Ink colors, Ocean Tides and Ripe Avocado. They arrived at my house this afternoon, along with some new PTI stamps, too. Cosmo the crazy dog alerted me to their arrival by barking furiously at the front door non-stop for 10 minutes. Anyway, back to the card . . . I found some patterned paper from Basic Grey's Offbeat line that had a retro look and color scheme to it and made the rest of the panels for the card front from that.

Again, I colored the stamped image with Copic markers. I stamped the "peace" sentiment alongside the colored image in the new Ripe Avocado ink. The image panel is layered on a piece of matching Ripe Avocado cardstock and embellished with a matching ribbon tab. I layered it on the card with dimensionals. Now that I'm finished with the card, I can see that I didn't do the greatest job of cutting the cardstock blocks evenly. I can never figure this out when I do cards like these!

Materials Used:
Beatrice Bellbottoms image and sentiment(Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Ripe Avocado Palette ink, Ocean Tides and Ripe Avocado cardstock, Ripe Avocado stitched grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Me & My Big Ideas Alison paper pad, Basic Grey's Offbeat line); silver brads (?); Basic Gray cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

9 comments:

  1. Great cards! I have to say that I am a bit jealous that you already got your PTI colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards! Love the colors and sparkle. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! They are both just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are wonderful but the first one, asking if the broom makes her look fat, is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards. I love that first one. The sentiment is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE them both! They are great designs, but the sentiment on the first one hits home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both soooo cute! I laughed out loud at the broom sentiment! Really cute images!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the images Lori!!! I've been eyeing those up! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute cute Lori! Love the colors and the new bellas friends!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips