Sunday, October 19, 2008

Taking to Tango

The only one of SU!'s In Colors from this year that really hasn't appealed to me so far is Tangerine Tango. I must admit that it is starting to grow on me, though. I used it as the base for my card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS.

My card is inspired by this one in Emily's gallery. I liked the clean, simple design of this card (and of pretty much everything in her gallery-LOL!). I kept the layout pretty much the same but changed the details. I used one of the flower images from Unity Stamp Co.'s September Kit of the Month, Remember Happiness. These kits are now available for purchase individually (after the close of the month they're featured) and not just to monthly subscribers--isn't that nice of Angela? I inked the image with Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust ink on the flower and Old Olive on the stem and stamped on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. It doesn't show in the photo, but I also added a little bit of glitter glue to the tips of the flower.

I found a trio of coordinating buttons from a Making Memories package to arrange as an accent for the stamped panel. I've had a hard time using these buttons because although there are a bunch of them, they're all different, so I have to use them on projects where I can mix and match colors, sizes, shapes, and styles.

I used a different piece of paper from the Haiku paper pack for my background panel. The torn edge adds a little texture to the card. I got Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon in my SU! order that came on Friday, so I added that around the cardfront. Instead of paper piercing along the right side of the patterned paper panel, I added a sentiment (from Unity's July Kit of the Month) along the side in Chocolate Chip ink.

Materials Used:
sentiment from It's the Little Things (July Kit), image from Remember Happiness (Sept. Kit) stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Haiku designer paper, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, glue dots (Stampin' Up!); buttons (Making Memories); glitter glue (Studio G)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips