Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fast Flight

Here's a quick card I made for today's sketch challenge at SCS. I'm finding that the Flight of the Butterfly set is perfect for quick cards like these. The two step butterfly image is easy to use and always looks great.

Here, I stamped the solid butterfly image in Pink Pirouette ink, then stamped the dotted image over that in Baja Breeze ink. I stamped the sentiment in matching ink, too. I used a combination of patterned papers from the Georgia Peach and Pink Pirouette Patterns designer paper packages for the panels on the cardfront. Had I planned this part ahead, I probably would have stamped the flower pattern on to the butterfly image instead of the dotted one. Oh, well . . .

To add some interest, I tied a piece of wide Regal Rose grosgrain around the striped panel before assembling the card. I also used a small photo corner, embellished with silver brads, at the upper right corner of the image panel.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!)
Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze Classic inks, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, Pink Pirouette Patterns and Georgia Peach designer papers, photo corner punch, Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon, silver brads, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! This is so pretty! I love butterflies. Your layout is terrific with this! OH, and your blog title is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Lori, this is a great set for quick cards. This is a sweet card too- nice colors and I love the addition of the corner punch with the silver brads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori these colors are AWESOME! Love your card!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips