Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hip Hop Challenge Duo

I'm keeping this quick tonight because the cold I've been fighting for the last few days has finally hit--and just in time for the weekend, of course. Here are two cards I made for today's Hip Hop challenges in the Unity forum on SCS.

This one was made for a challenge to used stripes. I used striped Kiwi Kiss paper to form the grass for my scene, then changed the orientation of the stripes to create the paper pieced tree. I really like how this looks. My original plan was to use one of the Giggle Grove birds to go with the Giggle Grove tree, but I stamped the tree first without looking at the direction that the birds faced. Since they didn't fit my layout plan once the tree was on the left, I ended up using the bird from Oh! What a Beautiful Morning, stamping it on a Pacific Point scrap, then cutting it out and attaching it to the scene with dimensionals.

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove and Oh! What a Beautiful Morning stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Pacific Point cardstock, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze Patterns designer paper, large oval punch, silver brad, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Ripe Avocado cardstock, Ripe Avocado stitched grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine



This card is for both today's Ways to Use It challenge and the Hip Hop pink challenge. I used the word "grow" as the theme for my card. The flower image from Flirty Flowers is stamped in Regal Rose craft ink on Pink Pirouette cardstock. The flowers are embellished with tiny self-adhesive pearls. I stamped the watering can from the kit on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. It's embellished with a pink rhinestone, then attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.

I found flower patterned paper from the Georgia Peach paper pack that was a good match for the whimsical flower images. I used this for the cardfront and layered a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock (haven't used that much since Pink Pirouette arrived . . .) along with a scallop edged border across it.

Materials Used:
Flirty Flowers stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Regal Rose Craft ink, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Georgia Peach designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); scallop dot punch (Martha Stewart); pink satin ribbon, self-adhesive pearls (Target); self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of your bird/tree card. How clever to switch directions of the stripes for the grass and tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful Lori! Saw them SCS yesterday and knew they were yours right away ;) Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did the watering can and this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips