Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 9

It's Wednesday once again and time for this week's Unity Customer Challenge. I had the honor of being the challenge picker this week and since I've been enjoying Tamara's recipe challenges so much, I gave the rest of the challenge girls a recipe to follow for their Unity creations. The required ingredients were something clear, ribbon, and your newest Unity goodies.

Here's my card for the challenge. I used an image from my new October kit of the month, Thinking About the Good Times as the focal image. I stamped the house image twice and colored it with Copic markers. I trimmed around just the house on one of the colored images and attached it to the other panel with dimensionals--the depth doesn't really show in my photo, unfortunately.

I used a piece of fun plaid paper from October Afternoon on the cardfront. I distressed the edges just a little bit (covers up the ragged cut from my paper cutter pretty well . . .), then layered the image and some coordinating panels and a piece of ribbon on the cardfront.

The sentiment, "home," is from the Tiny Trinity kit. I covered it with a clear heart shape and also added a blue Dew Drop to complete the list of required ingredients.

To check out what the other Unity Challenge Girls cooked up with this recipe, you can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Thinking About the Good Times (Oct. Kit of the Month) and Tiny Trinity stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Pacific Point and Soft Sky Classic inks, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Baja Breeze striped grosgrain, mat pack and paper piercing tool, sponge, distressing tool, glue dot, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and petite scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); clear heart (Heidi Swapp); patterned paper (October Afternoon-Picnic Basket); Water Dew Drop (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

Here's another card featuring Unity stamps, this time for Amber's sketch challenge in the Unity forum on SCS. I love the whimsical line images of sweet treats in the Simple Pleasures kit! Here, I made a wedding themed card using the cake image from the kit. I stamped the cake on a piece of shimmery white cardstock and cut it out. It's attached to a Pink Pirouette panel. I used some silver Liquid Pearls to embellish the cake.

The panel covering the cardfront is a piece of subtly patterned paper in shades of gray. I stamped the sentiment "together" from the Owl Always Love You kit on a Regal Rose panel and edged it with a narrow scalloped brushed silver panel. Even a tiny bit of this stuff adds so much elegance. I used yet another scrap of Bella Rose designer paper here, too.

I embellished the cardfront with a bunch of sparkly pink dots and a large flower with a rhinestone brad through the center. The flower's from a huge (and I mean huge) pack of flowers I got in the arts and crafts supply section of a Lakeshore Learning store. This is such a fun store to shop in if you're a teacher or have little kids--or like to papercraft (I didn't expect this last part when I visited!).

Materials Used:
Simple Pleasures and Owl Always Love You stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Basic Gray Classic ink, Basic Black and Regal Rose markers, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Basic Gray, Shimmery White, and Brushed Silver cardstock, Bella Rose designer paper, scallop edge punch, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Around the Block-Ash Filigree); flower (Lakeshore Learning); rhinestone brad (Making Memories); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); pink dots (Stamping Bella)

11 comments:

  1. Wow - these cards are stunning ! Well done xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards! I really like the wedding card as I always have a hard time making wedding themed cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,
    I love them both, they are equally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooh, love them both!! The Kiwi/Pacific combo is so great...I need to stop being a chicken and try it! I love how you highlighted the 'home' with the clear heart. :) And I love the detail of the pearls on the wedding cake!! That is genius!! Great cards, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are just FAB..and the first is totally my colors...but I really love the pink one!!
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Lori- both cards are just beautiful!! LOVE them both!! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. both cards are fantastic! love the details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soo pretty and perfect for a wedding card! I never use grey, but this looks so PERFECT for the ocassion...very elegant! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, Amazing. The colors the detail. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love them both but I soo soo love the one with the house. That is adorable and I love how you colored it and matched it with the PP. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Lori! I especially love the wedding one...that's so cute how you added the little pearls to the cake!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips