Thursday, October 9, 2008

Finding a Prince . . .

Kristina posted a new color inspiration challenge this morning that included Ballet Blue, Ruby Red, Certainly Celery, and So Saffron. Her inspiration photo was from the Ikea catalog (love that place!) and featured a stuffed frog. That got me thinking about the frog image from the DoodleFactory Fairy Tale set from Starving Artistamps and inspired these frog-themed cards.

This one features a single frog image, perched on one of the mushroom images also from the Fairy Tale set. The images are colored with Copic markers. I used a sponge (and a stencil) to add the clouds and the grass. Now that I've figured out how to use a stencil to create clouds for backgrounds, I am totally loving this look! I stamped and colored a second frog image that I cut out and attached to the image panel using dimensionals. I added a jeweled crown to the frog to finish the scene.

I layered the frog panel on a So Saffron mat, then layered it on a large piece of Certainly Celery cardstock stamped with the "pretty background" image. The pattern looks kind of regal to me.

I stamped the prince sentiment in Ruby Red ink on So Saffron cardstock so it would stand out. I used a label die to cut it out, then added a pair of tiny red rhinestones for an accent.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Fairy Tale frog, crown, mushroom images, sentiment, pretty background (Starving Artistamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue, and Ruby Red Classic inks, Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue, and So Saffron cardstock, Certainly Celery wide grosgrain ribbon, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); label die (Shapeabilities); red twinkle stickers (Amuse)

This second card features the same DoodleFactory frog image and sentiment. I stamped the frog on three white panels and colored the image with Copic markers. Each image is matted on a different color for contrast against the Ballet Blue cardfront. I also added a silver brad to the corner of each image panel.

The frog at the bottom of the card is attached with dimensionals and has a golden crown, too. I arranged the images so the sentiment would fit along the right side of the card. I stamped it in Ballet Blue craft ink then again slightly offset in White craft ink for a faux embossed look.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Fairy Tale frog, crown images, sentiment (Starving Artistamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Ballet Blue Craft ink, Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue, and So Saffron cardstock, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!);

18 comments:

  1. Love the jeweled crown and the dimension on your fun little frog ... very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv the card ... that frog is sooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the dimension and the crown!

    Lori--can you please contact me through my profile page. I've sent you 3 emails regarding the recipe for the next two weeks, and days later, I get failure notices that they're not going through. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card, the frog is definately very cute! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Lori and they are perfect colors for these images! Love the first card the most!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little frog!
    Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! It made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love the frogs. I believe the first card is my fave though! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Love the frog prince!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Such great details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! The background turned out awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are un-frog-ettable! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips