Thursday, October 30, 2008

i {heart} paper and Cupcakes, Too

Here's my first card featuring goodies from i {heart} papers. My package came yesterday and I couldn't wait to play with my new stuff! I paired some stamps and coordinating paper for Mary Jo's sketch challenge. This is a great, simple sketch with lots of possibilities and really showcases fun designer papers, too.

IHP has lots of products that fit with the current cupcake craze in stamping. There's some K & Company cupcake patterned paper that's a perfect match for the Hey There Cupcake stamp set. I used the patterned paper for the large panel on the cardfront.

The cupcake is stamped directly on Pink Pirouette paper using slightly darker Regal Rose ink. I paper pieced the top part of the cupcake using shimmery white cardstock. I added some Cotton Candy Stickles to the hearts on the cupcake top as a fun embellishment. I layered the cupcake panel on a scalloped circle, then attached it to the cardfront with a dimensional.

Off to work now . . . see you later. If you haven't had a chance yet, stop by IHP to check out all the fun stuff (I am loving the ribbon selection--may need to get some more of that soon . . .)

Materials Used
From i {heart} papers: Stampendous Hey There Cupcake stamp set, K & Company Sweet Talk Sweet Treats patterned paper, Cotton Candy Stickles, circle and scalloped circle Nestabilities dies
Other: Regal Rose Classic ink, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Soft Sky, and Shimmery White cardstock, dimensionals

13 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! This is so cute, I love this paper! What an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I love the shimmery icing and the stickles hearts and how these papers and stamp work together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely precious! I love that dp and your colours are so pretty. Capital C cute! Happy Halloween to you & yours!

    Stampire hugs,
    :O)=
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how cute are those paper! What a great great card, so sweet! Thanks for playing along in my sketch challenge--as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! I love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is so cute! I'm loving the pieced top on the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips