Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sage Tree and Pink Paisley Cupcakes

Last week, I wasn't feeling so great and I forgot to link my card for Kristina's color challenge. I don't want to forget to do that again, so I'm starting with my version of her challenge for this week. The colors of choice are Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Sage Shadow, and Very Vanilla. I don't use Sage Shadow very often, so this was a little tricky for me.

The red and orange shades made me think of fall, so I pulled out one of the tree images from Unity Stamp Co.'s Tiny Trinity and started from there. I colored the image with Copic markers for a vibrant color. I inked some of the leaves in the tree image individually and stamped them at the bottom of the image panel like they had fallen off of the tree.

I kept the card layout pretty simple, making the card base Sage Shadow and adding wide stripes of Pumpkin Pie and Ruby Red underneath the stamped image. I added a ribbon tab on one side of the image panel and placed the "hello" sentiment on a circle on the other side.

Materials Used:
Tiny Trinity stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Ruby Red Classic ink, Sage Shadow, Ruby Red, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, scallop edge punch, 3/4" circle punch, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); 7/8" and 1" circle punches (EK Success)

Now that that's out of the way, here's my card for today's sketch challenge on SCS. This card came together using lots of leftover (or rejected!) elements from other projects.
I had stamped some of these cupcake images from Unity's Simple Pleasures for something else and ended up not using them, so they served as a starting point for my card. I stamped the cupcake image on Pink Pirouette cardstock, then punched out the image with a circle punch. I stamped just the cupcake tops on some scraps of white paper and colored them with Copic markers, then cut them out and attached them to the Pink Pirouette cupcakes with dimensionals.

The flocked paisley paper was brought to my attention yesterday when I was working on the SCS color challenge. I decided the retro look of the pattern would look nice with the cupcake image, so I added a panel to the Pink Pirouette cardfront. I wrapped a piece of bold pink satin ribbon along the top of the flocked paper, then stamped the sentiment directly above it. Not bad for using leftovers!

Materials Used:
Simple Pleasures and Delectable Delights stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Pink Passion Classic ink, Pink Passion and Pink Pirouette cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Xerox); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); pink satin ribbon (Michaels); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); circle die (Nestabilities); flocked paper (Target)

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. Your work is stunning and I always love looking at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, both cards are wonderful! I really like that CC on your first card...it's pretty!
    Your cupcake card is soooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Lori! Love your card this week! After seeing your cupcakes you may want to stop by and watch my new technique video for them! ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love these hot colours. SO vibrant & beautiful,:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your card for Kristina's challenge, Lori! What a cute little tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Kwerner card, I have that stamp and I always forget about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adorable card! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super, duper, cute creation for this challenge! I too never use Sage Shadow. You made it look easy. Congrats on being in Kristina's Top 15!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Awesome job making the round up!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips