Friday, October 17, 2008

Scary Suspended Spinning Pumpkin

I made this fun Halloween card for Mary Jo's sketch challenge. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to use the sketch to make a suspension card. The small pumpkin image from the Halloween Frights set in the current SU! Holiday Mini catalog was perfect for my idea.

I stamped the pumpkin image twice on Very Vanilla scraps, then punched the pumpkins out using a 1" circle punch. I layered the pumpkins on slightly larger Chocolate Chip circles to create the suspended piece of the card.

I created the panel to hide the suspension mechanism from a striped piece of the Ghostly Greetings designer paper and a Chocolate Chip mat. I embellished it with some silver brads and a piece of Pumpkin Pie ribbon. I debated about whether or not to add a sentiment and where to put it, too. I ended up stamping the "halloween frights" sentiment over the ribbon in Chocolate Chip ink.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Halloween Frights stamp set, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Ghostly Greetings designer paper, 1", 1 1/4", and 1 3/8" circle punches, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, silver brads, Sticky Strip

3 comments:

  1. Very cute, Lori! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUH, that never crossed my mind, it is the perfect sketch for this. You are too smart. I love your card, thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips