Saturday, November 15, 2008

Hello Pumpkin

I am really enjoying the new release stamp sets I got this week from Verve Stamps. The images are so fun to play with. I made this card for Julee's Mojo Monday challenge. I've been so busy that I've missed the past two weeks, so I made sure to make time for this one.

I used the new Verve cutie, Hello Pumpkin for this card. The image is stamped in Rich Cocoa ink, then colored with Copic markers. I found some fall colored paper from SU!'s Haiku paper pack for the cardfront and coordinated the rest of the card's colors with the patterned paper. I wrapped a piece of orangey seam binding tape around the patterned paper panel. This stuff is really lightweight and so easy to tie--perfect for a cardfront.

My Nestabilities circle and scalloped circle dies made it so easy to cut the half circle pieces for the top of the card. I paper pierced the scallops on the Pumpkin Pie layer and stamped the sentiment in matching ink on the So Saffron layer before attaching the layered circles to the cardfront with dimensionals. I added a trio of orange Dew Drops to the bottom left corner of the card to finish off the design.

Materials Used:
Hello Pumpkin stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, Haiku designer series paper, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); orange seam binding tape (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips