Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 24 and Some More, Too

This week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara} was a tricky one for me, but I think I worked it out in the end. The three required elements in the challenge were 2 photos, stamping, and flowers.

I thought and thought about how I'd incorporate 2 photos on a cardfront and if I did, which ones might I use. I ended up using magazine photos and the faux cloisonne technique. I found two photos in Pier 1 catalogs and used those to create the petals for my stamped flowers. I stamped the petal images on the photos in Versamark, then covered with gold embossing powder and heat embossed. I did the same thing on a piece of black cardstock. I cut out and arranged the colorful petals on the black cardstock, then added some layered circles and a button for the flower's center. All three elements--check!

Materials Used:
Pick a Petal and Short & Sweet stamp sets, Versamark, Pink Passion, Pumpkin Pie, and Basic Black cardstock, Gold Glory embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); button (Making Memories); gold paper (Target)

And, while I'm on the subject of challenge blogs, Here's my card for this week's challenge at Page Plans. This week's theme was Thanksgiving. I used another of my new Verve Stamps sets, Tall Oaks, for this one.

I made a 4 1/4" square card. It was a tight fit to get the trio of images on the cardfront, but I got it to work--just barely! I stamped a trio of pumpkin images, colored them with Copic markers, and mounted them on squares just the tiniest bit larger than the image panels. I used dimensionals to attach them to the cardfront, which is covered with a flocked houndstooth pattern.

I stamped the sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink, then layered it on coordinating mats and added a pair of copper brads. A piece of dark brown twill is across the top right corner, attached with a trio of brads.

Materials Used:
Tall Oaks stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories); Dark Chocolate twill (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Me & My Big Ideas-Cornucopia collection)

And, I haven't posted a cute critter card in the last day or so and I did promise a few more, and since I just posted a Verve card, here's one that uses another fun Verve image. I used the little guy from Hello Pumpkin for Jen's Sketch for You to Try.

The image is stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I found this Sassafras Lass patterned paper with lots of circles to use as a panel for the cardfront and used it to select the rest of the colors for the card.

I used a trio of cream confetti flowers in the circles along the left side of the card. There's an orange Dew Drop at the center of each flower--kinda goes with the filled in centers of the circles on the patterned paper.

I wanted to add a sentiment, but there didn't seem to be any room. So, I ended up placing it on a tab punch that I slid under the image panel. I added an orange brad for a little pop.

Materials Used:
Hello Pumpkin stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic);Dark Chocolate Palette ink, Ocean Tides cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie and Kraft cardstock, round tab punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Sassafras Lass-Robotics line); orange brad (Making Memories)

1 comment:

  1. OMG lori...You have some rockin cards today. The flower is stunning, and shimmery. Love the pumpkins and the cute critter card!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips