Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sahara Silhouette

The elegant combination for today's SCS color challenge--Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Sahara Sand--immediately made me think of the beautiful silhouette images from Starving Artistamps. I used one of my favorite ones (okay, my favorite one) here on this card.

I stamped the aster image in black pigment ink on a Very Vanilla panel, then layered it on a Basic Black panel. The black looks so dramatic against the pale background.

I kept the rest of the card's layout simple so the flower image would stand out. I stamped the pretty background along the bottom half of the Sahara Sand panel in matching Sahara Sand ink for a subtle tone on tone look. A strip of black satin ribbon with a faux bow (loving these right now!) hides the point where the pattern ends and the solid block begins.

I stamped a simple "thinking of you" sentiment in black on Sahara Sand and punched it out with a small oval punch, then layered it on a slightly larger black oval before attaching it to the panel. I layered the Sahara Sand panel on a Very Vanilla panel before attaching it to the black card base. Simple and elegant all at the same time!

Materials Used:
silhouette flower image, sentiment, pretty background (Starving Artistamps); Sahara Sand Classic ink, Basic Black Craft ink, Basic Black, Sahara Sand, and Very Vanilla cardstock, large oval punch (Stampin' Up!); oval punch (EK Success); black satin ribbon (Target)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips