Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 15

It's time for another Unity Customer Challenge. This week's challenge comes from Joy. She challenged us to create a scrapbook page or something that can be used on a scrapbook page. This one was hard for me! I am definitely not a scrapbooker. I really don't have much to scrap, so I just haven't gotten in to it, though I've thought about (and collected lots for) scrapbooking some of my travel photos.

I created an 8" x 8" scrapbook page featuring a photo of Cosmo the crazy dog all curled up and cozy on the couch in my basement family room. The couch is covered with a slipcover and a blanket because he decided to make this couch his own a while ago and I needed to cover up the light colored fabric that he was ruining--LOL! This dog is just lucky that he's so cute . . .

I pulled the red from the couch for the background paper, then found some SEI patterned paper from i {heart} papers with coordinating colors to create the large panel that covers most of the page. I attached the photo to the page and added a layered photo corner to the upper right corner and a strip of fabulous brown faux suede ribbon across the bottom.

I covered the chipboard "c" with Close to Cocoa craft ink and a few layers of ultra thick embossing powder, then pressed the still hot embossed piece into my Worn Grid background to create the textured look. The "c" is layered on a red scalloped circle. I stamped the "cosmo" sentiment (minus the ? at the end) from the Cocktail Party kit inside the "c" using cream pigment ink.

The journaling is stamped on the journaling block image from September's Kit of the Month. It reads, "It always amazes me to see such a big dog, curled up into such a small ball!"

For more Unity scrappy inspiration, check out the other challenge participants. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers--SEI Sleigh Ride paper (Alpine Frost line); brown faux suede ribbon, Nestabilities scalloped circle die
Other--Cocktail Party, Worn Grid, and journaling stamp from September Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Close to Cocoa Craft ink, Chocolate Chip marker, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock, chipboard letter, mat pack and paper piercing tool, ultra thick embossing powder, photo corner punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories); Vintage Cream Palette ink (Papertrey Ink)

12 comments:

  1. Lori, I love love love this, it's sooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Love the "C" for Cosmo, the texture is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute page and dog! The 'C' is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww, so cute, Lori. great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout, Lori! For someone who doesn't scrap much, you definitely did it like a pro.

    Aww, your dog is such a cutie. We have a similar problem with our cat. It's a good thing she's declawed but she didn't take over our couch. . .instead she "owns" my computer chair in the kitchen. I have to squeeze myself on to the seat because she won't move!! LOL! Pets. . .gotta love them!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, Lori! Cosmo looks like such a sweetie and your page is great- I love the worn grid impression on the Chipboard C! Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori! what a great LO of Cosmo!! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great LO, such a sweet page :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great scrapbook page! And Cosmo is absolutely adorable! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips