Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 26 and a Page Plans Sketch, Too

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's recipe ingredients were eyelets, ribbon, and rub ons. I created a hinge card as an easy way to include two of these elements at once.

My card features a trio of adorable images from Paper Works Co. The images are from their new Safari Friends Collection. Here, I paper pieced the images using a variety of patterned paper scraps, then arranged them on a two toned (grass and sky) panel. I added a rub on that says "congratulations" in the upper right corner. It doesn't show up too well in the photo because it's a delicate font and white, but I promise it's there!

I embossed the cardfront with the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder, then scored the cardfront 1" from the fold. I attached a contrasting pink strip to this 1" band, then put two eyelets through the strip, one at each end. I threaded a piece of satin ribbon through the eyelets and tied a knot to create the hinged edge.

Materials Used:
Safari Friends Collection stamps (Paper Works Co.); Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, and So Saffron Prints Series designer papers, scallop edge punch, white eyelets, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); white satin ribbon (Target); Mini Marks rub on (American Crafts)

And, I realized that I haven't shared my card from this week's sketch at Page Plans here yet, so here it is. I used the cute little snowman image from Inkadinkadoo's Christmas Characters set from i {heart} papers for the main image. The image is colored with Copic markers. I sponged a soft blue sky around the image and added some Cotton Candy Stickles snowflakes and embellishments, too.

I used a piece of My Mind's Eye Be Merry patterned paper for the panel on the cardfront. I added a scallop edged strip along the right side of the card and embellished it with a strip of pink pom pom trim. Kind of like snowballs, right?

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers--Inkadinkadoo Christmas Characters stamp set, My Mind's Eye Be Merry patterned paper, Cotton Candy Stickles, pink pom pom trim
Other-white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); snowflake brads, self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); Threaded Water punch (Fiskars); Cool Caribbean Classic ink, Regal Rose Craft ink, Baja Breeze, Regal Rose, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, 3/4" square punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are adorable but the snowman won my heart. Love the pompom ribbon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are gorgeous, but I just love the first one! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips