Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sparkly Peace & Love

I made this almost no stamping card for this week's sketch challenge at 2 Sketches 4 You. It's been a while since I tried one of the sketches from this blog. They are usually really challenging for me, but this one came together pretty quickly.

I used a trio of sparkly foam snowflakes I picked up on sale at Michaels for the focal point. They're arranged on a Cranberry Crisp scalloped circle. I think that arranging them in a way that I liked actually was the most time-consuming part of making this card!

I altered the proportions of the sketch a little to fit a standard sized card. I used both sides of the Sleigh Ride designer paper from SEI's Alpine Frost line on the cardfront. I love the elegant look and rich colors of the papers in this line. If you're looking for some, you can find it at i {heart} papers. I stamped "peace & love" from the Hero Arts Jolly Christmas stamp set across the striped panel. The paper's a bit slick, so the image isn't as crisp as I would have liked it to be--oh, well.

It's hard to see in the photo, but I layered two different ribbons in a band across the cardfront. I started with a brown faux suede ribbon and added a narrower, contrasting cream double stitched velvet ribbon over that. The ribbon adds a really elegant feel to the card.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Hero Arts Jolly Christmas stamp set, SEI Alpine Frost designer paper, May Arts cream double stitched velvet ribbon, May Arts brown faux suede ribbon, Nestabilities large classic scalloped circle dies
other: Cranberry Crisp cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Dark Chocolate Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); self-adhesive foam snowflakes (Michaels)

5 comments:

  1. oh I love the colors on this card and those 3 snowflakes are super cute grouped together. Thanks for playing Lori
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on Kazan's sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card....love what you did with Kazan's sketch!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips