Sunday, December 14, 2008

Page Plans Sketch

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Page Plans. It’s a small 4 ¼” square card, just perfect for showcasing these cute Stampendous snowman images that I got from i {heart} papers.

I started with a kraft card base covered with slightly smaller squares of Always Artichoke and designer paper from Basic Grey’s Wassail line. I used the colors from the paper to determine the colors for the rest of the elements on the card.

I stamped the members of the snow family from the Winter Family stamp set on a piece of shimmery white cardstock and colored parts of the images with my Copic markers. I added a little bit of sparkle to the images with some Platinum Stickles. I added the stamped panel to a larger Always Artichoke panel, then added a strip of lighter Mellow Moss cardstock with the sentiment. I used a strip of brown double stitched velvet ribbon to hide the seam between the two panels. I attached a silver snowflake, made with a Martha Stewart punch and embellished with a self-adhesive pearl, to the upper left corner of the image panel.


Materials Used:
From
i {heart} papers: Stampendous Winter Family stamp set, Basic Grey Wassail designer paper, May Arts brown double stitched velvet ribbon, Platinum Stickles
Other: Always Artichoke Classic and Soft Sky Classic inks, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Kraft, and Shimmery White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); snowflake punch (Martha Stewart); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); self-adhesive pearl (K & Co.); silver paper (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips