Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sweet and Snowy

The 12 Days of Christmas event at Paper Craft Planet may be finished, but there are still plenty of things going on over there. Adela is our hostess for this week's sketch challenge. She gave us a fun one to play with this week!

Here's my version of the sketch using images from the DoodleFactory Santa's Sweet Shoppe set from Starving Artistamps. I colored the gingerbread house image with Copic markers. I drew on my very own brick path leading to (or from, I guess) the house. That's about the extent of my limited drawing abilities!

The image is embellished with some white Liquid Applique (for dimension) and Pink Shimmerz paint (for sparkle). I used some clear chunky glitter stuff for the snow at the bottom of the scene and sponged on some light blue ink for a sky.

I used the polka dot background stamp to create the pink on pink panel on the cardfront. I added some pink Dew Drops along the bottom edge of the panel--they kinda match the gumdrops and candies on the house, don't they?

I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to fit the sentiment on the 1 3/4" circle. It took me a few tries to get it to look even, but I had plenty of these pink circles left over from my holiday card making.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Santa's Sweet Shoppe image and sentiment, polka dot background (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Cool Caribbean, Regal Rose, and Real Red Classic inks, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, 1 3/4" circle punch, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); pink satin ribbon (Target); Pink Shimmerz (i {heart} papers); white Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida); chunky glitter (Michaels)

And, there are other challenges going on at the Planet, too. This card is for this week's color challenge, which included Pacific Point, Lovely Lilac, Chocolate Chip, and any shade of green. These are colors I might not have combined on my own, but they look okay together. I pulled out some scraps of each color and they seemed to kind of have a cool feel to me, so I used my new Winter Bear stamp set from All That Scraps for this card. I am such a sucker for cute snowman images!

I colored the image using the challenge colors and added some Stickles to the hearts and the hat. I very lightly sponged Pacific Point ink on the white panel surrounding the image.

The cardfront is covered with a Pacific Point panel embossed with the Cuttlebug Snowflake folder. I rubbed a little white ink over the snowflakes to highlight them.

The sparkly snowflake embellishment is actually an ornament that I got on clearance at the end of last year's holiday season. I simply cut off the cord and the little loop that the cord was threaded through using my scissors and attached the snowflake to the card.

Materials Used:
Winter Bear stamp set (C.C. Designs-All That Scraps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Pacific Point Classic ink, Pacific Point, Lovely Lilac, and Green Galore cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, mat pack and paper piercing tool, sponge, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); white satin ribbon (Target); Snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); Lavender and Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger); snowflake ornament (Michaels); black Glazre pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips