Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hands Are for Holding

I have time for just a quick post tonight before Lost starts--I am so excited it's back! Anyway, on to the cards.

This one is for today's SCS sketch challenge. This idea immediately came into my mind when I saw the sketch. I used Malbec the monkey from the DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set (from Starving Artistamps) along with the vine image to create this little scene. I colored Malbec and carefully trimmed around him, then attached him with dimensionals so it looks like it's hanging off of the vine. The panel underneath the monkey and vine is embossed with the Cuttlebug Forest Branches folder to add to the jungle-y look.

I stamped part of the "bananas" sentiment on an oval piece. The end of the oval got a little bit cut off, so I added a bit of ribbon to hide it instead of starting over again (like I said, I'm short on time tonight . . .).

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set and sentiment (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Cool Caribbean ink, Old Olive marker, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); petite oval die (Nestabilities); Forest Branches embossing folder (Cuttlebug); olive ribbon (?)

And, this one is for Melanie's very first Hand in Hand challenge--and just under the wire. This is the first month of her new monthly challenge that involves making a card using her Hand in Hand stamp set from Gina K Designs to send to a specially selected cause. You can read more about the challenge here.

I used Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge for my card. I stamped the hand image from Melanie's Hand in Hand set on white cardstock and cut the image out with an oval Nestabilities die. I colored the hands with Copic markers--definitely need a little more practice with this . . .
I matted the image on a Baja Breeze oval to match the pretty Fancy Pants designer paper panel I cut for the front of the card. I added a pink heart brad over the image as a fun, whimsical touch. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the "I wanna hold your hand!" sentiment in one line on the Baja Breeze strip I attached to the bottom of the patterned paper panel.
Now I just need to find my postage stamps so I can get this off in the mail . . .
Materials Used:
Hand in Hand stamp set (Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red and Baja Breeze cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); heart brad (Joann); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); oval dies (Nestabilities); Fancy Pants designer paper (Splendid-Lovey Dovey)

5 comments:

  1. very touching!!! (ba dump bump!) no, really, it's beautiful! thanks for playing! :)

    that monkey cracks me up, too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the image you chose for this week's mtsc...it is so precious! amazing coloring, and that dp is yummy!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge this week, sweetie! i hope to see you again next week!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Lori!! I love the Hand in Hand set! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips