Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Stuff!

No, I haven't gotten my new SU! stuff yet, but I do have some stuff from the new catalog to share with you. I got my Great Swaps Girls hostess set and sneak peek set swaps back in the mail earlier this week, so I figure it’s safe to post them now.

I chose the Goody Goody Gumdrops set for the Hostess set swap. The images in this set are so cute! I loved the gumdrops in the retired All Wrapped Up set, so I was thrilled to see gumdrops appear in a new set.

I did some paper piecing on my card, stamping the gumdrops on scraps of colored paper, then cutting them out to attach to the white circles. I gave each gumdrop a “sugary” coating of Dazzling Diamonds.

I lined the gumdrops up along the edge of a piece of Kiwi Kiss Patterns designer paper, set on a Barely Banana cardfront. The “goody-goody gumdrops” sentiment is stamped in Kiwi Kiss ink in the lower right corner to finish the card.

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Goody Goody Gumdrops stamp set, Kiwi Kiss and Basic Black Classic inks, Kiwi Kiss, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock, Kiwi Kiss Patterns designer paper, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, 1 ¼” and 1 3/8” circle punches, Dazzling Diamonds, horizontal slot punch

For the sneak peek swap, I used the new Petal Pizzazz set. I guess it’s the replacement set for the just retired Ginormous Flowers set. Of course, the image I wanted to use for the swap (the large flower) had a small crack/flaw in the rubber, so my stamped images didn’t come out as nicely as I would have liked. SU! sent me a replacement image, but it didn’t arrive in time for me to use it in the swap.

Anyway, I stamped the large flower in Regal Rose Craft ink on Pink Pirouette paper, then cut it out. I used my ¾” circle punch to punch out the center of the flower. The flower center is covered with a 1” Rose Red circle so you don’t even know that the center is missing! I attached the punched out piece to the Rose Red circle using a dimensional.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I wanted to show off some of the new Raspberry Tart designer paper, so I based my color choices on that. I attached a scalloped strip and a paper pierced strip to the Pink Pirouette cardbase along with the piece of Raspberry Tart paper, then wrapped a knotted piece of Regal Rose ribbon around the card.

I used a dimensional to attach the flower to the cardfront. I slipped some Kiwi Kiss leaves under the flower, too. Each leaf was stamped in Kiwi Kiss on Kiwi Kiss cardstock, then cut out. I scored each leaf at the center (on the line on the leaf) and folded it up (mountain fold) for some dimension.

I'll be back tomorrow morning with another SU! only post to share . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Petal Pizzazz and Short & Sweet stamp sets, Rose Red Classic ink, Regal Rose Craft ink, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Regal Rose, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Raspberry Fizz designer series paper, Regal Rose 5/8” grosgrain ribbon, 1” and ¾” circle punches, mat pack and paper piercing tool, scallop edge punch, dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Love your cards, Lori! I really like those 3-D leaves behind the big flower - a nice touch. Thanks for a great swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gum drops! They are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gum drops! They are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips