Sunday, January 18, 2009

Owl Always Love You

As soon as I saw this card in today's SCS featured stamper's gallery, I knew I'd be using it as the basis for my card for the challenge. I loved the scalloped circle moon as a backdrop for the cute owl image. I used my from the DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set from Starving Artistamps for my own same but different version.

I made some changes to the card to make it a Valentine's day one. I replaced the patterned paper strip across the cardfront with a heart embossed panel in seasonal pink. Since I knew that I wanted to stamp the sentiment in red so it would stand out, I added a narrow strip of red to the left side of the embossed panel to tie in some more of the color. I used the "owl always love you" sentiment across the bottom of the card.

The layout is pretty much the same. I shifted the placement of my images just a little-they're higher up on the card than in the original version. I also used a stamped and cut out branch image for the owl to "sit" on instead of stamping directly on the cardfront. I found the perfect branch for the owl in my DoodleFactory Grave Yard Shift set from Halloween.

Because my owl image was bigger, I made the scalloped circle moon slightly larger in my version of the card. And, I added some texture to the scalloped circle moon by running it through my Cuttlebug with the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder. I really like how the added texture looks.

Materials Used:
Doodle Factory Valentine Remix set and sentiment, DoodleFactory Grave Yard Shift set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, and Close to Cocoa cardstoc, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities); Heart Blocks and Tiny Bubbles embossing folders (Cuttlebug)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips