Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bright Lights and Butterflies

I have two cards to share with you tonight. They both came together pretty quickly based on some blogger sketches.

This one uses Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch. I used my new Shine On! kit from Unity for the image and sentiment. I don't know what it is about the cute lamp images in this set, but I really like them . . .

I stamped the lamp in black ink, then paper pieced the shade with some Imaginisce designer paper. I attached some teeny tiny self-adhesive rhinestones to the lamp as embellishments. I think I might go back and add some Stickles to the lamp, too.

I used the same pattern as I did for the lamp shade for the three strips of paper across the cardfront. I added some larger rhinestones to embellish thee pieces. The pattern on the reverse side of the paper is the one I used for the cardfront. I stamped the sentiment directly on the cardfront in Pacific Point ink.

Materials Used:
Shine On! stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); marker (Copic Ciao); Pacific Point Classic ink, Barely Banana and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Imaginisce-Baby Powder/Bubble Bath); tiny blue and green Twinkle stickers (Amuse); green self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)

The second card was made using this week's Viva La Verve sketch. I used the small butterfly image from Verve's Petals & Stems set. It fit perfectly inside a 1"circle. Each butterfly's wings are covered with Dazzling Diamonds. I took this photo at night, so the sparkle doesn't show up too well.

Since the butterfly wings are dotted, I incorporated dots into other elements on the card. I used the Swiss Dot embossing folder to emboss a strip of Pink Pirouette paper to attach the . The panel is layered on a dotted piece of paper from the new Raspberry Tart designer paper pack. I switched things up a little for the panel on the cardfront, using a piece of striped paper from the Pink Pirouette Patterns paper pack. I really like dots and stripes together!

The sentiment is from Sweet Valentine, one of Verve's new releases for Valentine's Day. I won the set for participating in some of the Verve challenges before the release--yay! I stamped it in Rose Red ink on a scrap of Regal Rose cardstock. Here's my little stamping trick for the night--I used my corner rounder to make the panel kind of like a word window punched piece, but a little wider.

Materials Used:
Petals & Stems and Sweet Valentine stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Rose Red and Regal Rose Classic inks, Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Pink Pirouette Patterns and Raspberry Tart designer paper, 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches, scallop edge punch, corner rounder, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Lori! I love the colours you used in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crystal details on the lamp! Great Card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing I don't have to pick on as a favorite because I like them both a lot! The coordination of the lampshade is really neat and butterflies are sweet. Great job on both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both cards. The lamp is so simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards -- love the colors on both --! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That lamp card is soooo cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - great idea about the corner rounder! I will have to try that!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo cute! I love that lamp image and how you paper pieced it to match your background! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips