Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cinema Inspired, Once Again

Sankari is the hostess for this week's sketch challenge on Paper Craft Planet, with a little twist. She combined her sketch challenge with her weekly Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. This week's featured movie is the fun (and funny!) classic flick The Princess Bride, one of my long-ago favorites. I think I may still have a videotape copy of this one somewhere!

I used images from the DoodleFactory Fairy Tale stamp set from Starving Artistamps for my card. I stamped the castle image on the large circle and added a princess image in front of the castle with dimensionals. Both images are colored with Copic markers. I used a sponge to add in a sky and some grass around the castle.

The image panel is set on a Baja Breeze cardfront with a strip of dotted Baja Breeze paper along the bottom of the card. I wrapped a piece of dainty pink satin ribbon around the card and added the "happily ever after" sentiment on a matching pink heart punched piece. The perfect ending for a fairy tale-inspired card!

It's only Tuesday and already I'm looking forward to the weekend. In addition to the extra sleep time on the weekend, Saturday will be the very first Starving Artistamps Blog Hop--and the very first one that I've ever participated in, so I'm really excited. Be sure to stop back on Saturday morning to see what the SA design team has prepared just for your viewing enjoyment.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Fairy Tale stamp set and sentiment (Starving Artistamps); Pure Luxury white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); heart punch (Marvy Uchida); Cool Caribbean and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Real Red marker, Baja Breeze, Real Red, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Baja Breeze Patterns designer series paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); pink satin ribbon (Michaels)

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Hey, I remember that movie. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." hehe Love Princess Bride!

    Your card is adorable Lori!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love this card!! Sweet and adorable!

    We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Princess Bride! I was going to do the Inigo Montoya quote that Tracey did, so I'll do this one instead!

    "No more rhyming now, I mean it."
    "Anybody want a peanut?"

    I think we'll have to watch it this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely adorable, Lori. TFS, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! This would impress princess of all ages.. Wouldn't this make a cute b-day party invite..... The coloring is beautiful as are the color choices... LOVE IT.

    Thanks for playing along this week.
    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful, I love how you have used the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally adorable! Great job with the sketch & movie!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips