Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 34

Here’s my card for this week’s recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week’s required ingredients were brads, ribbon, and die cuts. I used supplies from i {heart} papers to complete the challenge.

I managed to fit three die cuts on my card. I started by stamping “you’re a tweet-heart” from the Hero Arts Whoo Loves You stamp set on a pair of layered circles cut with Nestabilities circle dies. I added a trio of elegant pearl hearts underneath the sentiment to draw attention to it. Instead of pairing the sentiment with one of the cute stamped images from the set, I used a bird I cut with one of the Nestabilities Nested Bird dies. It’s hard to see in the photo, but I used shimmery white cardstock for the bird for a subtle sparkle. I added a tiny self-adhesive rhinestone for the bird’s eye and a heart brad, too.

The card front has a pretty simple design. I used a burgundy card base, embellished with a piece of My Mind’s Eye Irresistible designer paper. The pattern on this paper is perfect for using just a strip as. I wrapped a piece of cream faux suede ribbon around the card, covering the seam where the patterned and solid papers meet.

Materials Used:
From
i {heart} papers: Hero Arts Whoo Loves You stamp set and heart pearls, My Mind’s Eye Irresistible-Sweet Blossoms designer paper, Nestabilities Nested Bird and Circles dies, May Arts cream faux suede ribbon
Other: Bravo Burgundy Classic ink, Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, and Shimmery White cardstock, mat pack and paper piecing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); heart brad (Making Memories); Twinkle sticker (Amuse)

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet Lori! Love those heart pearls, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Lori!! Very pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I love this card and those hearts are so cute! Must get me some.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips