Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Going Tropical-Again

I’m enjoying these tropical themed images from Starving Artistamps, maybe because it's still feeling a little wintery here. On this card, I stepped out of my “box” a little and did some watercoloring. I used watercolor paper (not a good quality one, I’m afraid—need to get something different . . .) and watercolor crayons blended with an aquapainter to color in the tropical scene. I was envisioning a tropical sunset as I was coloring it, so that explains the non-blue sky.

I set Cliff in the front of the image, relaxing on a lounge chair, drink in hand. I had to add the “drinks on me!” sentiment here! I set the panel on a turquoise card base, at an angle, and added a pair of layered flowers at the upper right corner of the image.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Tropics image, sentiment, and background (Starving Artistamps); watercolor paper; Basic Black ink, Jet Black Staz-on, watercolor crayons, So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise cardstock,aquapainter, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); flowers (Prima); clear acrylic dome embellishment (Michaels); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao)


I have to admit that I made this card to try out my new Fiskars Boundary Waters punch. It punches out a series of little waves—how cool!

I layered some punched and torn Blue Bayou cardstock to create the ocean, then used a cloud template and a sponge to create the sky. Puck, the dolphin, is colored with Copic markers, then coated with a layer of Angel Wings Shimmerz for some sparkle. I set Puck on a bright surfboard for fun. The “surf’s up!” sentiment is stamped in bold red ink, then accented with a red button.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Tropics image and sentiment(Starving Artistamps); Soft Sky and Real Red Classic inks, Soft Sky, Barely Banana, and Blue Bayou cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); button and twine (Walmart); Boundary Waters border punch (Fiskars); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips