Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 36

Here's my card for this week's recipe from Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's required ingredients were something that you've been hoarding, flowers, and something sparkly. I have a lot of stuff that I've been hoarding, so that was my first tough decision when putting together this card--LOL!

I based the card on Jen's Sketch for You to Try. The main image is i-can't-see-a-thing-abella from Stamping Bella. I've been sort of neglecting my Bellas and it was fun to play with this one. I colored the image with Copic markers to coordinate with my hoarded item, the fun paisley flocked paper I got a long, long time ago at Target. I was able to fit the matching sentiment alongside the image.

I used my Cuttlebug Perfectly Paisley embossing folder to make a paisley panel for across the cardfront. I matted it on blue cardstock to match the Bella's blue jeans before attaching it to the paisley covered cardfront. I added a trio of small Prima flowers and placed a small self-adhesive rhinestone at the center of each one. And, then I added one more hoarded item--pink/purple organdy ribbon, wrapped around the cardfront. Cute!

Materials Used:
i-can't-see-a-thing-abella stamp and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Pink Passion and Brocade Blue cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Target); flowers (Prima); self-adhesive rhinestones, organdy ribbon (Michaels); Perfectly Paisley embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

3 comments:

  1. This one is really different for you. I like it and it has a lot of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Bella!! Your card is fun & fantastic Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips