Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Unity Challenge: Week 24

This week’s Unity Addicts challenge was an inspiration challenge, based on a photo provided by Amy. The photo featured a bouquet of bright yellow tulips, set in a bowl filled with orange, yellow, pink, and blue jelly beans. The colors in this photo are a bit out of my comfort zone—for the most part, I’m not a bright yellow or bright orange “person.” Here, I used just a bit of the bright orange (Only Orange) and more of the earthier Pumpkin Pie shade to make it work for me.

I started by stamping the Chancy Flower Pot image on a piece of white cardstock. I colored the image to match the color scheme of the photo—yellow flowers, green leaves, some colorful accents, heavy on the orange. I added a little Stickles to the flower centers for some sparkle. The “you are my sunshine” sentiment from the Flirty Flowers kit fit perfectly along the side of the colored image.

I layered the image on coordinating cardstock mats, including one with a scalloped edge. I used the Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug folder to create an orange panel for the cardfront. I wrapped a piece of dotted yellow organdy ribbon around the panel before placing it on the cardfront. I covered the cardfront with a panel of subtly patterned yellow paper from the new DCWV Citrus paper pack. The bold yellows, reds, and oranges of this stack were a perfect fit for this challenge!

To check out what the other Unity Addicts have created based on the inspiration piece, you can stop by their blogs. Links are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Chancy Flower Pot single and sentiment from Flirty Flowers kit (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Only Orange Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie and Yoyo Yellow cardstock, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Summer Sunrise cardstock (Papertrey Ink); yellow dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts); Yellow and Diamond Stickles (Ranger); yellow dome embellishments (Michaels); Floral Fantasy embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, you rocked this challenge! Gorgeous card!!! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! I have never seen that Unity stamp!! Is it retired? I love it! great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori. Love the yellows. It really turned out so brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is like seeing sunshine! Very cute! It's so bright and cheerful! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! I esp like the piercing in the scalloped piece...oh and the coloring on the image, the image, the layout and the color scheme! Just cute!

    Thanks for the comments on Petal Pizazz...take a peek at today's post for another idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card. The colors and the image are great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips