Monday, February 16, 2009

Kitchen Sink Monday: Boy, Oh, Boy

It's time for another Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday. Today I have a pair of projects designed for little boys. I have a harder time making stuff for boys (or masculine stuff in general), so I thought it would be good challenge to myself.

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Page Plans. I used the sketch to create a fun, masculine card. I think it would be a perfect birthday card for a little boy.

There’s not much stamping on this one, just the sentiment in the upper left corner. I used one of the sentiments from the 3 Step Baseball set from Kitchen Sink Stamps, stamped in Night of Navy ink to stand out against the Bashful Blue paper.

I used some epoxy pieces from a Making Memories embellishment packet for the elements on the cardfront. I started by placing the baseball cap in the center, then surrounded it with baseballs and stars. The red of the pieces pops against the blue background.

Materials Used:
3 Step Baseball stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Night of Navy ink, Night of Navy and Riding Hood Red cardstock, Bashful Blue Patterns designer series paper, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); epoxy pieces (Making Memories Boy Primary Epoxy Shapes); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); white twine (Walmart)

This is a little gift package, inspired by some earth-themed items I found recently in the dollar section at Michaels. I picked up a "grow a world" (tiny Earth you put in water and watch "grow" and a cute pair of socks with a picture of the earth on them. All I needed was a fun way to package them together.

I stuck with earthy tones--blues, greens, and browns--for my project. The tote is made from a pair of SU! Top Note dies attached to the sides of a small brown paper bag (top cut off) with some sticky strip. I used the heart image with the earth on it from the 3 Step Hearts set as the main image on the front of the little tote I created. It's not Valentine-looking at all here, is it?

Materials Used:
3 Step Hearts stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Soft Sky, Kiwi Kiss, and Old Olive Classic inks, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Top Note die, Sticky Strip, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); twill ribbon (Martha Stewart); circle dies (Nestabilities); green acrylic dome embellishments (Michaels); small brown paper lunch bag
For more inspiration from the Kitchen, you can see what the other Crew Members have cooked up for this week. Here's where you can find them:

8 comments:

  1. What a perfect world, indeed, Lori!! I love this delightful gift set!!

    Adorable baseball card, too!! Cute, cute, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baseball card is adorable, Lori and I LOVE your Earth-lover box! What an excellent design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct...excellent masculine cards! I love how the red pops off the blue, and of course the "world-heart." Such great color combos and a clever box. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori! I love the gift set. The colors of the heart are beautiful. Your baseball card is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that little boy card. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally adorable!! What a great little boy gift that is and the packaging is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so adorable Lori, the little gift holder is so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your boy card, Lori! The colors are perfect for a boy! The gift package is fabulous too! So creative!!The earth friendly tone and heart is awesome. Great idea!! Go green!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips