Monday, February 16, 2009

Georgia Peach Inspired Butterflies

I spent the last day of my long weekend being mostly lazy--nice way to spend a day off! I did some stamping this afternoon while I watched a movie, then had dinner with my parents.

Here's what I got done this afternoon. I pulled out one of my go-to sets for quick and easy cards and combined it with Beate's weekend sketch challenge for this card. The Flight of the Butterfly set always makes nice cards!

All of the supplies used for this one are from Stampin' Up! (but the designer paper is now retired . . .)I used colors from the Georgia Peach paper pack for my card, staying mostly with shades of pink, with just a pop of So Saffron.
Since there's a lot going on between the dots on the butterfly, the two circle panels, and the patterned papers, I kept the embellishment simple--ribbon, a photo corner, and some brads--to finish the card.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose Classic inks, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, So Saffron, and Whisper White cardstock, Georgia Peach designer series paper, photo corner punch, silver brads, Pink Pirouette striped grosgrain ribbon

And, while I had the stamp set out, I made a quick thank you note that I needed using many of the same materials. I was inspired by today's Clean and Simple challenge on SCS. Clean and simple (CAS) is really my natural stamping style, but I find myself straying from it more and more. I think participating in these challenges will be a good way to be sure that I keep "practicing" this style.

Anyway, this is a pretty simple card. The butterfly is stamped in Pink Pirouette ink (2 times so it would stand out a little more), then the dots were stamped in Regal Rose. I inked just the "thank you" portion of the sentiment and stamped it underneath the butterfly. I layered the butterfly panel on circle mats, then attached it to the cardfront.

I used a piece of pink taffeta ribbon, inserted through a slit under the stamped image panel (like I did in my Valentine card here) on the cardfront. A yellow button (the basis for the challenge) is strung on to the ribbon and the ends are knotted around the button.

Materials Used:
Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose Classic inks, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Barely Banana cardstock, Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); yellow button (Walmart)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips