Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Pirate's Life

It's gotten so cold here again that I'm hoping that thinking warm thoughts and stamping "warm" cards will help! I had dinner with some friends tonight and when we walked out of the restaurant after dinner to head home, all of us were remarking on the cold and the wind.

So, here's another tropical themed card using DoodleFactory Tropics images from Starving Artistamps. I used just a section of the tropical background scene to go with the Buck-Eye Bob pirate image. Both Bob and the scene are colored with Copic markers. I layered the pirate image over the background scene using a dimensional.

The blue cardfront is embossed with the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls folder. I rubbed some shimmery white ink over the swirls (I think of them as my very own version of ocean waves . . .) to highlight them a bit. I layered the image panel on the card, then added the sentiment on an oval panel, kind of like a speech bubble.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Tropics, sentiment, and tropical scene background (Starving Artistamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Real Red and Cool Caribbean Classic inks, Real Red, Barely Banana, and Pacific Point cardstock, distressing tool, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); petite oval die (Nestabilities); D'Vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips