Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sweet Baby

I love the giraffe image in the Tree-Mendous Love set from Our Craft Lounge. It's such a sweet image and perfect for baby cards, too. I used it as the focal point on my card for today's SCS sketch challenge.

I picked some girly pink patterned paper for the panels. The paper is appropriately from My Mind's Eye's Sweet Baby Girl line. I colored the image in pinks and reds to coordinate with the patterned paper, then trimmed around it. I attached it to a cream panel with dimensionals, then stamped the sentiment alongside the image.

I created coordinating scalloped borders for the patterned paper panels using a Nestabilities die and a border punch. I used the very last of my cream faux suede ribbon (there will definitely be more of this stuff on my next order from i {heart} papers!) along the bottom panel. After carefully arranging and securing the panels, I layered the image panel on top, using dimensionals. I finished off the card with some really sparkly Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles. Believe it or not, this stuff is even more sparkle-filled than the regular Stickles . . .

Materials Used:

other: Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush and Vintage Cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); mini heart border punch (Martha Stewart); markers (Copic Ciao)

9 comments:

  1. This is adorable Lori! I love the giraffe with that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Adorable...
    Lovin' the color mix :)
    Cute giraffe image!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that giraffe! Too cute! This is a gorgeous card Lori!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Lori! I love the color scheme!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that little giraffe. He (she) is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh such a cute card! I love the pretty pink colors and the fabulous designer paper. I'm a dp fanatic. . .I love them just as much as stamps! Great job coloring the cute giraffe too!

    Awesome job, Lori!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this! I thought this was a really hard challenge! You made it look easy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips