Monday, March 23, 2009

Kitchen Sink Monday: ATC Challenge

It's time for another Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday (how is it Monday already???). We have a Crew Challenge for this week. Tammy is our challenge hostess this week and she posed a two part challenge to the Kitchen Sink Crew. Her challenge was to first create an ATC (artist trading card), then use the ATC on a full-sized card.

I haven't done many ATC's, so this was a little bit of a challenge for me. The tiny space (2 1/2" by 3 1/2") really makes you think about the images you're going to use and how you're going to place them to fit. I used my new 3 Step Honey Bunny set for the challenge. This was one of the few KSS sets not yet in my collection and I finally broke down and added it.

The smaller rabbit image is the focal point of my ATC. I stamped it first in Chalkbox's Dune pigment ink. I've found that starting with a pigment ink for the base of these multi-step images works really well. I layered 3 brown dye inks over it to complete the image.

I masked the rabbit image, then added the grass in 3 shades of green ink, again starting with a layer of pigment ink as a base. I had just enough room to add the "Hip Hop Hooray!" sentiment in the upper right corner.

I tied a pretty pink ribbon around the ATC, then layered it on a pink, then a celery panel to complete it.

Here's how it looks transformed into a full-sized card. I used my Nestabilities dies to create a partial circle from a piece of coordinating patterned paper. I layered this on a yellow scalloped circle. I added a few pinkish Dew Drops to the side of the panel as an accent.

I attached the ATC to the cardfront, overlapping the patterned paper circle. I stamped the "Hello Spring" sentiment along the bottom of the card, using the same ink I did for the sentiment on the ATC to tie it all together.

For more ATC inspiration, you can visit the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew. Here's where you can find them:

Angela Knopf
Dee Jackson
Julie Masse
Lynn McAuley
Maria Colosimo, owner
Nicole Cooke
Tammy Hershberger

Materials Used:
3 Step Honey Bunny stamp set, Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Dune pigment ink (ColorBox); Certainly Celery and Regal Rose Craft ink, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, and Old Olive Classic inks, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Soft Sky, Barely Banana, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (K & Company)

12 comments:

  1. Love this fabulous spring card, Lori!
    What a fun layout and beautiful papers!! I'm sure glad I own this bunny so I can case your wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these gorgeous spring colors. That bunny looks so real!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Lori!! I love that little bunny - perfect card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable!! I love the colors, the layout, and especially the fabulous papers. I am definitely going to try using pigment on my first layer next time. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Spring card. Everything is just so refreshing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! Love seeing it as an ATC, and then as an ATC attached to a card front! Very cool! I love the pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous ATC and Card Lori! Fresh colors that are all ready for Spring! :D Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute ATC!! Love the springy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made 3 ATC's with that bunny stamp and scrapped them all because they didn't turn out right! Your bunny is adorable! So cute, and love the layout of your finished card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips