Sunday, March 22, 2009

Aren't You Sweet?

I am having a great time with my March Kit of the Month from Unity Stamp Co. The assortment of images in this month's kit is fantastic and they're a great size for card making. I used a different pair of images for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.

I based my card on this one in Beate's gallery. Hers was a 3 1/2" square card, but mine is a 4 1/4" square one. I replaced the cherries she used as the focal image with the strawberry candy one from the Kit of the Month. I colored the image with Copic markers and "sugared" the strawberry with Dazzling Diamonds. I did some paper piercing in each of the scallops on the black mat under the image, matching the dots in the patterned paper on the cardfront.

I used the same layout and colors as on the original card, but added a layer of black under the patterned paper from the Summer Picnic paper pack. It really makes the orange pop! I used the ticket corner punch on the bottom corners of the paper, like Beate did in her original card. I haven't pulled this punch out in a while--I'd forgotten what a fun touch it adds.

Materials Used:
March Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red, Basic Black, and Old Olive cardstock, Summer Picnic designer series paper, ticket corner punch, word window punch, 1/4" circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); olive ribbon (Morex); red brad (Joann)

And, here's another 4 1/4" square card. I made it for this week's sketch at Page Plans. I used one of my favorite retired SU! sets, Vases in Vogue, for the focal image. The vase is paper pieced using paper from the Georgia Peach paper pack. I paper pieced the flower image in Regal Rose ink, then added a tiny rhinestone to the center.

I used two other Georgia Peach patterns for the rest of the cardfront. The seam where the different patterns meet is covered with a strip of Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon. Since the patterns are kind of busy, I didn't add any sentiment and I kept the embellishments simple, using just a trio of matching pink brads in the lower right corner.

Materials Used:
Vases in Vogue stamp set, Basic Black Classic ink, Old Olive marker, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock, Georgia Peach designer series paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); pink brads (Joann); self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips