Monday, March 30, 2009

Kitchen Sink Monday: Daisy Tile Coaster

It's time for another Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday. This week, I have a non-card project to share, along with a matching card.

First up is the non-card project. I used a tumbled tile to create a pretty stamped tile that can be used as a coaster. I used the 3 Step Daisy set on the tile and a combination of Palette and Staz-on inks for the flower. This was the first time I'd used the Palette inks on a tile with a multi-step image and I found that for the most part, they worked nicely

Since the tile's surface is a little irregular, the inks didn't always cover fully. When that happened, I went back and carefully tapped the ink pad over the less-inked spots to get better coverage. I used a sticky note mask to add in the leaves. This looks so pretty IRL and was so quick and easy to do. I think a set of these coasters would make a really nice gift.

Materials Used:
3 Step Daisy stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, New Leaf, and Ripe Avocado Palette inks (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Staz-on; tumbled tile

After I finished the tile, I decided to make a card to match it. I used this week's sketch challenge from Paper Craft Planet. It's a pretty basic one with lots of possibilities and I thought the daisy would be a perfect fit in the sketch.

The daisy image was stamped in pretty much the same colors as on the tile. I carefully trimmed around it so that I could attach it to the card with a dimensional.

I used a combination of patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Grow Collection kit on the cardfront. These colors just scream spring to me!

For more inspiration, you can visit the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew. Here's where you can find them:

Materials Used:
3 Step Daisy stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, New Leaf, and Ripe Avocado Palette inks, New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White cardstock, Eyelet border punch, word window punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); My Mind's Eye Grow Collection Kit (i {heart} papers); green self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful work with the daisy, Lori!! I have always been tempted to try the coasters, but never have!! Your inspiration may be just what I need to give it a whirl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...that's it...I have to buy these daisies! You did such a beautiful job on the tile and the DP behind the daisy on the card is just yummy. You always inspire me. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lori!! that coaster is amazing and I love the card - love that dp!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Lori! Your coaster is fab!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips