Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 42

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. The required ingredients for this week's challenge were embossing (dry or wet), hardware, and stitching (real or faux).

I got a big box of goodies from Stampin' Up! last week, so I tried out some of my new stuff for this challenge. This look and color scheme was actually inspired by a linen dress I've owned for many years. I used one of the flower images from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set on the image panel. I stamped the image in three different craft inks on kraft cardstock, then covered the images with clear embossing powder and heat embossed.

The layout is very simple. The kraft panel is placed directly on the black card base. I added a photo corner, embellished with two silver brads, and a sentiment panel. I did some black faux stitching on the right side of the sentiment to complete the card. I really like how this turned out and I can't wait to play some more with this pretty stamp set.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up):
Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla Craft inks, Very Vanilla, Kraft, and Basic Black cardstock, Basic Black Stampin' Write marker, photo corner punch, silver brads, mat pack and paper piercing tool

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card, Lori! Love the way you stamped and embossed the flowers! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is stunning! Love your corner embellishment and how you faux stitched the sentiment tag...fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lori! I really like that sentiment!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this card a lot. Not fussy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips