Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Birdie Told Me . . .

One of my stamping buddies is celebrating a birthday this week, so I made this springy card to send off in the mail to her. I hope it makes it to her in time!

My card is based on this week's Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge. I used SU!'s Cheep Talk set for the main image. This set is so versatile and easy to use! I inked the bird and branch to match the colors of the papers in the SU! Sell-a-bration paper pack, Delicate Dots. I cut coordinating strips of the patterned paper to criss-cross the cardfront.

Since none of the sentiments in the set were right for a birthday, I pulled out my A Little Birdie Told Me set and used one of those sentiments on my image panel. My Stamp-a-ma-jig helped me to place it just right. The panel is embellished with a pair of layered Flower Fusion flowers, joined with a sparkly brad. The colors aren't an exact match to the card's colors, but I think they're close enough to work.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Cheep Talk and A Little Birdie Told Me stamp sets, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, and Basic Black Classic inks, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock, Delicate Dots designer series paper, So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Flower Fusion and Flower Fusion Too felt flowers, rhinestone brad

3 comments:

  1. I got my birdie but haven't played with it yet! Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sending me this CUTE card, Lori! It was the only birthday card that arrived right on my birthday. Thank you for thinking of me and making my day extra special!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips