Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tea Trio

Clear & Simple Stamps will be releasing some new sets on April 15 and I have a sneak peek at one of the new ones here today. Be sure to look around at the other DT members' blogs for more sneaks.

I made this card using some of the images from the Tea Time stamp set. I used Mary Jo's sketch challenge as a starting point for my card. The Porcelain paper from Basic Grey was my color inspiration for the design. The pattern seemed like a good match for an elegant tea set.
The panel at the bottom of the card was created with the sentiment block image from the Tea Time set, stamped repeatedly in pink ink. The stamp includes the names of a bunch of different kinds of teas (Earl Grey, Chamomile, Oolong, Chai, etc.). I wrapped a piece of matching pink ribbon around it before attaching it to the cardfront.
The tea cups and tea pot are paper pieced with papers to match the card's color scheme. I added a tiny pearl to the top of the tea pot, too. The tea pot image didn't fit as well on a circle, so I switched it to an oval--still works with the sketch, I think.
Materials Used:
Tea Time stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Pretty in Pink Classic ink, Very Vanilla cardstock, 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches (Stampin' Up!); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); oval dies (Nestabilities); Sweet Blush and Dark Chocolate cardstock, Bitty Dot Basics designer paper, Sweet Blush satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); self-adhesive pearl (Target); patterned paper (Basic Grey)

And, here's a little more Clear & Simple Stamps inspiration for you. I recently participated in an ATC swap through the CSS Paper Craft Planet group with some other CSS fans, including the rest of the DT members. I'm looking forward to getting all of the ATC's back and seeing what everyone's created.

Here's a look at my ATC. I used images from the DIY Darling set, but not the Darling herself. It’s great that the other images in the Darling sets are versatile enough to stand alone.

I stamped the paint bucket and paint brush stamps and colored them with Copic markers. I carefully cut around them, then put them aside while I stamped the images for the rest of the ATC. I stamped the “make your mark” sentiment and the squiggly painted line image on the base, then arranged the cutout pieces. I tied a red grosgrain ribbon around the base and added a single silver brad. I backed the ATC on a piece of black cardstock.

Here’s the card that was my inspiration for this ATC. I arranged 5 solid cardstock strips, each 1 inch wide, along the base of a black card front. I colored each of 5 paint cans to match the color strips.
The brush is colored, then cut out and attached to the image panel with dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment next to the brush, then layered the stamped panel on to the card with dimensionals. I really like how this turned out--it worked just like I had imagined it and that so rarely happens for me!
Materials Used (ATC and card):
DIY Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Ballet Blue, and Basic Black cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, silver brad, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that tea set is adorable. I love it. I love the colors you chose too. And the second card is so fun, you know I love bright fun colors. Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips