Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sky's the Limit

I made this card for this week’s clean and simple challenge on SCS and for something else special, too (more about that later in my post . . .). The challenge was to use your punches on your card.

This was the perfect opportunity to break out my new Fiskars Moon & Stars punch! It became the focal image on my card. I punched out the moon and stars from a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock, then used a circle Nestabilities die to cut a circle around the punched area. I backed the open space behind the stars with shimmery gold paper, then layered the moon and stars on a yellow circle.

I used a piece of striped paper from the GCD Studios Eye Candy line for the panel on my cardfront. The bright colors, bold patterns, and the texture in this line of papers is fabulous—Kate has a great selection at i {heart} papers. I wrapped a piece of aqua glimmer ribbon around the panel before attaching it to my card. I thought that the “sky’s the limit” sentiment from the Hero Arts Sky’s the Limit set would be a nice match with the punched images. It’s stamped in pink ink to jump out from the blue background.

Now, for the something special I mentioned earlier. . . This card is heading out in the mail to my fellow Paper Craft Planet Super Nova, Jen Tapler. Jen’s hosting a challenge on her blog with over $250 worth of blog candy up for grabs. You can read all the details HERE on her blog. Jen's father has Alzheimer's disease and by participating in her challenge, you will be helping benefit the Alzheimer's Association. All you have to do is create a card, post a photo of it with a link back to Jen's challenge, and then mail Jen the card. In May, to kick off her Annual Stamp Out Alzheimer's Event, Jen will be hosting a charity auction where she will be auctioning off decorated Card Organizer tins full of all of our handcrafted cards. The money from those auctions will go directly to the Alzheimer's Association. I participate in challenges all the time, it is so nice to know that with this one, I will be contributing to such an important and worthwhile cause. I hope you will join me.

Materials Used:
From i {heart} papers: Hero Arts Sky’s the Limit stamp set, GCD Studios Sweet Tarts designer paper, Creative Impressions aqua glimmer ribbon, Nestabilities circle dies
Other: Moon & Stars punch (Fiskars); Baja Breeze and Barely Banana cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Hibiscus Burst Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); gold paper (Target)

1 comment:

  1. This is REALLY cute, Lori! I love what you did with the moon and stars punch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips