Sunday, April 5, 2009

Brayered Gratitude

I had a great time at the Copic certification class today. I learned a lot and had a chance to visit with lots of stamping friends--and do a little shopping, too!

I made this pretty card tonight for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. It's based on this card. The layered, framed layout really caught my eye. I really like how it turned out--I may have to try this again!

I started with glossy cardstock and brayered on inks in yellows, golds, and oranges. After the ink dried, I stamped the silhouette flower image from Unity's March Kit of the Month a few times along the bottom of the cardstock, stamping the image at different levels each time. I used a Nestabilities rectangle die to cut out the center piece, then made the black frame around the center image based on the size of the rectangle. Quick, easy, and really fancy-looking.

I looked and looked for my "think happy thoughts" sentiment from the kit, but couldn't find it anywhere (I did eventually find it, after finishing the card . . .), so I settled for the "gratitude" sentiment from the Gratitude=Joy kit. Instead of using brads as an embellishment, I used a pair of black buttons with twine knotted through the button holes.

Materials Used:
March Kit of the Month and Gratitude=Joy kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, and Basic Black Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, and Glossy White cardstock, brayer (Stampin' Up!); rectangle die (Nestabilities); black buttons (Papertrey Ink); twine (Walmart)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lori, this is beautiful, I need to pull out my brayer and give this a go!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips