Sunday, April 19, 2009

DoodleFactory Duo

I spent some time last night practicing my coloring with my Copics. I still have a way to go, but the certification class I attended really helped me to understand how to use these pretty tools! I have two Copic-colored cards to share with you from my coloring last night. Both use DoodleFactory images--they are so much fun to color!

I used Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch as the basis for this card. No cupcakes here, but there is a reference to a "bun." This is another one of the images from the DoodleFactory Oh Baby! set from Starving Artistamps.

Here, I paper pieced the mom-to-be's dress to match the patterned paper strip I used across the card. The rest of the image is colored with Copic markers. I sponged around the image with some pink ink to match the colors in the card.

I used patterned paper from the Sugar collection from Memory Box. The colors coordinated nicely with SU!'s Regal Rose and Kiwi Kiss, so I used those as the mats and card base here. I stamped the "bun in the oven" sentiment using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the words.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Oh Baby! and Sentiments Baby! set (Starving Artistamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Regal Rose marker, Kiwi Kiss and Regal Rose cardstock, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Memory Box Sugar Collection)

I decided to change things up a little and move away from the baby theme on my next card. This one uses the neighborhood image to create a change of address card. Again, I colored the image with Copic markers. I used a cloud template and some Cool Caribbean ink to add in the vibrant sky behind the buildings.

I stamped the polka dot background tone on tone on a Baja Breeze panel and layered that on a kraft card base. I layered the stamped image on red and brown panels, then layered them on the card. I stamped the "our new address" sentiment from the Country #2 sentiments set on a white scrap and layered it on a brown scrap, then added a silver brad. This is attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Neighborhood, Country Set #2 sentiment set, polka dot background (Starving Artistamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Cool Caribbean, Baja Breeze, and Real Red Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft cardstock, silver brad, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); cloud template (Nicole)

2 comments:

  1. Nice coloring on both cards. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper-piecing you did on her dress! Copics are so much fun to color with, I don't think I'd enjoy stamping half as much without them.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips