Saturday, April 18, 2009

Susie Surprise Has Something to Say

It's time for a new sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. Lynn is our sketch challenge hostess this weekend. I flipped her sketch on its side to create this fun card.

I used images from the Susie Surprise set from The Greeting Farm here. What a fun image for a birthday card! Susie is colored with Copic markers to match the designer paper from the Penny Lane line from My Mind's Eye (got it at i {heart} papers). The colors in the paper are ones I probably wouldn't have paired on my own, but they seemed to work okay in the end.

I embellished the image with a big green Prima flower. I found a purple rhinestone to stick in the center to pull in more of the card's colors. The sentiment panel was made with Nestabilities petite oval dies. I ended up layering the ovals so they'd stand out more against the patterned paper.

I may give this one another try, this time using the sketch flipped horizontally . . . If you give the sketch a try, be sure to upload your card to the Paper Craft Planet gallery using the keyword sk041809 so it can be added to the gallery.

Materials Used:
Susie Surprise stamp set (The Greeting Farm); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Elegant Eggplant Classic ink, Elegant Eggplant cardstock, silver brads (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); petite oval dies (Nestabilities); flower (Prima); purple rhinestone (Studio 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips