Monday, April 13, 2009

Kitchen Sink Monday: A Real Doll

It's time for another Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday. For today's card, I pulled out the Nested Doll set from last month's release.

Nested doll images are becoming a hot trend in paper crafting, so I'm glad that Maria has created this set. I stamped the medium sized doll image on a scrap of white cardstock and colored her with Copic markers. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added a tiny sparkly rhinestone to the image in the center of the doll's body. I trimmed around the image and layered it on a white oval with some dimensionals.

I paired the doll with a boldly patterned paper. The design in the paper is similar to the image I stamped in the center of the doll's body. I layered the doll panel on a pair of oval mats to help it stand out from the pattern and added a ribbon tab to the right side. Since the pattern is busy, I kept the embellishments simple--just a trio of gold-ish Dew Drops in the upper left corner. I had just enough room to fit a small sentiment from Ready 4 Any Holiday under the patterned paper panel.

For more Kitchen Sink inspiration, you can visit the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew. Here's where you'll find them:

Angela Knopf
Dee Jackson
Julie Masse
Lynn McAuley
Maria Colosimo, owner
Nicole Cooke
Tammy Hershberger

And, don't forget--you still have time left to enter the latest KSS Crew Challenge contest. You can find all the details here.

Materials Used:
Nested Doll and Ready 4 Any Holiday stamp sets, Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red and So Saffron cardstock, So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (K & Company); red tiny twinkle (Taylored Expressions); petite oval dies (Nestabilities)

8 comments:

  1. Love your beautifully colored nesting doll framed so wonderfully in the ovals. That designed paper could not have been more perfect!!! What a sweet, sweet card, Lori!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this nesting doll image is wonderful! I'm not sure I've seen them out there in the stamping community yet but I sure am glad to now :) We have family members who collect them!!! This will be fabulous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the DP you used with this image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, Lori! I love the colors and that designer paper is a perfect compliment to the doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful coloring Lori! Love the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card, Lori, love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card Lori!! The colors of your nesting doll are just so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color combo! I love the DP too. Super cute card!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips